Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Completing the set from last week


I am so happy! I finally finished this necklace I have been working on for the past two weeks. I really hope my mom doesn't read this blog, because this necklace was made to accompany the earrings and bracelet from the last blog. I gave her that set for her birthday this weekend, so if she is here, I think she knows now what she is getting next.

For $2.99 at the Wye River Design Studio, I purchased last week a bead kit that contained the large circular polka dotted disk. My original intent was to use a jump ring to turn the disk into a pendant for a necklace. The kit, sadly, did not contain enough beads to make a necklace, so the apple shaped beads included inspired the earrings from last week. The earrings inspired the bracelet, which sadly I have to redesign as a stretchy piece. The clasp on the bracelet does not seem to be substantial enough to hold it on. Instead of trying my luck with another clasp, I will just redesign it to be clasp-less.

As I was aimlessly pawing my way through the beads today, I found the little cylinder red and white beads that seemed to go perfect with my pendant. Add some silver spacers and the rest of the beads from the kit, and I think it goes perfect with last weeks set.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Tiff. You are very talented, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete