Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Upcycled Necklace




Well, here are pictures of the famous necklace that I did NOT get to show at the recycled/upcycled Earth Day Show at the Kent Island Federation of Arts. Everything you see in these photos that isn't beads was made from plastic grocery bags. I braided together strips of plastic bag to make the chain. The broach is more strips of bag that I threaded through the large wooden bead and then fringed. Each fringey was then threaded through a smaller bead. (And when I say "threaded" I mean it literally, I had to use thread to guide the plastic through the hole in the bead.) If you look closely, you will see that the clasp on the necklace is a pop top off of a can of soda.
I am looking on the bright side, since I wasn't able to show it this time, I now have time to create a matching bracelet and possibly earrings to create an entire collection. I also was convinced to finally become a member of KIFA so I can get actual notice about when these things happen so I can be better prepared. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment